This is what our community thinks
Absolutely Excellent Results
I've been doing sofa yoga for a few weeks now and I've gotten some great results! I've also noticed that I'm losing weight. I'm just thrilled with the results! I highly recommend Sofa Yoga to anyone looking to lose weight and improve their overall physical and mental well-being.
Favourite Fitness App!
Sofa yoga has been a game-changer for me! I love the convenience of being able to practice yoga from the comfort of my own living room. The routines are easy to follow and the instructors are knowledgeable and supportive.
Can't Live Without It
I absolutely love sofa yoga! The routines are easy to follow and I love that I can do them from the comfort of my own home. I feel more relaxed and centered after my practices and I've even noticed improvements in flexibility and strength.
New Products for Rapid Detoxification and Weight Loss
SLIM GREENS SUPERFOOD POWDER
Tired of carrying excess weight around? Slim Greens is a #1 favourite to reduce weight, improve digestion and forget constipation! Explore huge discounts for first time buyers today!
97% of Slim Greens users reported overall improved digestion and weight loss.SHOW ME 👉
DETOX CLEANSING TEA
The accumulation of toxins in the body can lead to a variety of health issues, including weakened immunity, chronic fatigue, poor digestion, and even the disruption of vital organ functions.
Assist your body's natural detoxification process and start leading a healthier life!LEARN MORE 👉
Frequently Asked Questions
What are the Sofa Yoga Benefits?
Sofa yoga, also known as couch yoga or living room yoga, is a form of yoga that can be practiced on a couch or sofa. It is a convenient way to incorporate yoga into your daily routine and can be done without the need for a dedicated yoga space or special equipment. Some of the main benefits of sofa yoga include:
1. Convenience: As mentioned, sofa yoga can be practiced anywhere that you have a couch or sofa, making it a convenient form of exercise that can be done at home or in other places where you may not have access to a yoga studio.
2. Stress relief: Yoga is known to be a great stress-reliever, and practicing yoga on a couch or sofa can be a great way to unwind after a long day.
3. Improved flexibility: While sofa yoga may not be as physically demanding as some other forms of yoga, it can still help improve flexibility and range of motion over time.
4. Increased strength: Some sofa yoga poses, such as downward-facing dog or plank, can help build strength in the arms, legs, and core.
5. Improved balance: Many sofa yoga poses require balance and stability, which can help improve balance and coordination.
6. Relaxation: Practicing yoga on a couch or sofa can be a relaxing and calming activity that can help you unwind and de-stress.
7. Low impact: Sofa yoga is a low-impact form of exercise, making it suitable for people of all ages and fitness levels, including those who may be recovering from an injury or who have limited mobility.
How often should I practice Sofa Yoga to see results?
The frequency of your sofa yoga practice will depend on your goals and your current fitness level. Here are a few general recommendations:
1. For general well-being and stress relief: If your goal is to use sofa yoga as a way to relax and de-stress, you may find that practicing a few times a week is sufficient. Even just a few minutes of yoga per day can help you feel more calm and centered.
2. For improved flexibility and range of motion: To see improvements in flexibility, it's generally recommended to practice yoga at least 2-3 times per week. However, it's important to listen to your body and not push yourself too hard. If you're feeling sore or tired, it's okay to take a break or do a gentler practice.
3. For increased strength and muscle tone: To build strength and muscle tone, you may want to practice sofa yoga more frequently, perhaps 4-5 times per week. As with any exercise program, it's important to start slowly and gradually increase the intensity of your workouts as you become more comfortable and confident.
Ultimately, the key is to find a frequency that works for you and that you can stick to consistently. It's better to practice yoga regularly at a moderate intensity than to try to do too much too soon and risk burnout or injury.
How hard is it to do Sofa Yoga?
The difficulty level of sofa yoga will depend on the specific poses and routines that you practice. Some poses may be easier to do on a couch or sofa than others, depending on the height and stability of the surface. For example, poses that require balance, such as tree pose or warrior III, may be more challenging to do on a couch or sofa than on a yoga mat.
Overall, sofa yoga can be a great way to introduce yourself to yoga or to practice yoga if you're new to exercise. Many sofa yoga routines are designed for beginners and are focused on improving flexibility, balance, and relaxation. However, it's important to listen to your body and to modify or skip any poses that feel uncomfortable or that you're not ready for.
It's also worth noting that it's normal to feel a little awkward or self-conscious when you're starting a new exercise routine, especially if you're doing it at home. With time and practice, you'll likely become more comfortable and confident in your sofa yoga practice. Remember to take breaks when you need them and to focus on your own progress, rather than comparing yourself to others.
Do I need any special equipment to do Sofa Yoga?
Sofa yoga is designed to be done on a couch or sofa, so you don't need any special equipment to get started. However, there are a few items that you may find helpful to have on hand:
1. A yoga mat: While a yoga mat is not strictly necessary for sofa yoga, it can provide a comfortable and non-slip surface to practice on. A mat can also help protect your furniture from sweat and wear.
2. A cushion or blanket: Depending on the height and firmness of your couch or sofa, you may find it helpful to have a cushion or blanket to sit on or to use for support in certain poses.
3. A block or bolster: Blocks and bolsters can be useful for providing support and stability in certain poses, such as supported pigeon or supported fish pose. You can use pillows or blankets as improvised props if you don't have blocks or bolsters. You can also purchase our yoga blocks at a heavily discounted price by clicking here.
4. Loose, comfortable clothing: It's important to wear clothes that allow you to move freely and comfortably while you practice yoga. Avoid clothing that is too tight or restrictive.
5. Yoga straps: while not necessary, they can be particularly useful for sofa yoga because they can help you reach and hold poses that might otherwise be difficult or impossible to do on a couch or sofa. You can purchase our straps at a heavily discounted prices by clicking here.
Overall, the main thing you'll need for sofa yoga is a couch or sofa to practice on. Everything else is optional and can be added as you become more comfortable and confident in your practice.
How do I access my program?
You can access your program by visiting this link and logging into the app on your desktop or mobile device.
I don't exercise. Can I still do Sofa Yoga?
Yes, you can definitely do sofa yoga even if you're not used to exercising. Many sofa yoga routines are designed for beginners and are focused on improving flexibility, balance, and relaxation. These types of routines can be a great way to introduce yourself to yoga and to start building physical and mental well-being.
It's important to listen to your body and to only do poses and routines that feel comfortable and achievable for you. If you're feeling sore or tired, it's okay to take a break or to do a gentler practice. With time and practice, you may find that you become more comfortable and confident in your yoga practice and that you're able to gradually increase the intensity of your workouts.
Overall, the key is to be patient and kind to yourself and to focus on your own progress, rather than comparing yourself to others. Remember that yoga is a journey and that it's more important to enjoy the practice and feel good about yourself than to achieve a particular level of fitness or ability.
How do I order a personalized Sofa Yoga plan?
To order a personalized Sofa Yoga plan, please complete the quiz by clicking here.
Is Sofa Yoga the Same as Chair Yoga?
Sofa Yoga is practiced using a sofa or couch as the primary prop. It is specifically designed for individuals who want to engage in a more relaxed and comfortable form of yoga. The soft, cushioned surface of a sofa provides added support for the body and allows for a greater range of movement in certain poses. This makes it ideal for beginners, those recovering from an injury, or people with limited mobility.
On the other hand, Chair Yoga utilizes a sturdy chair as the main prop, often with a straight back and without armrests. Chair Yoga offers more stability and support than Sofa Yoga, making it suitable for a wider range of practitioners. It is particularly popular among seniors and individuals with balance or mobility issues. The chair provides a solid base for performing various yoga poses, making it easier to maintain proper alignment and form.
In summary, while Sofa Yoga and Chair Yoga share some similarities, they cater to different needs and offer unique benefits. Consider your personal goals, physical abilities, and comfort level when choosing the right practice for you.